Monday, March 18, 2013

Being all roadie


The new park on the James river

 River road by dan4jeepin

Every since my crash last week my ribs haven't felt up to mountain biking so I've been forced to all road.  Fortunately for me the weather actually warmed up for a couple days making for some nice road riding conditions.  Friday after work I hit the usual river road ride which runs along the James river right across from downtime Lynchburg.  Then I started adding some other loops and exploring a little and ended up with almost a 2hr ride.  Even stopped off to check out the new boat ramp and park that was built. 
 Parkway north by dan4jeepin      Saturday the weather was still looking rainy in the morning but the forecast called for a short break in the middle of the day with temps climbing to almost 70!  I decided I would head to the parkway and hope the rain cleared. Things turned out beautiful even  though the roads were still wet and I was actually overdressed for the temperatures. 


Even found some snow for a bike holder.

My plan was to ride out for about an hour to the north from 130 but the weather was so nice I ended up continuing on up.  This might have been a mistake since I didn't bring much food and started to feel like I was bonking on the way back.  It also didn't help that I couldn't stand and pedal for more then a few seconds without my ribs forcing me to stop.  Fortunately for me its more downhill then up on the way back south to the car.




Great day with plenty for climbing which hopefully will pay off training wise. This week my club's (GLOC) group rides start back! Let's hope those ribs get better by Wednesday so I can get back in the woods. 

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you're getting in a lot of good riding. I hope to join up with you soon for a ride.

    ReplyDelete